Hey there, I’m Amanda and as one of the newest employees of Rooster Teeth, I thought I’d take a minute to introduce myself!
I just started on the marketing team as social media manager, which basically means that I work with @shepard.maxine on getting allllll the RT content onto your timeline in creative ways. I’m super excited to work here and hope I can meet more of y’all online or at RTX.
I previously worked at Hi-Rez Studios on SMITE for the past 3 years. I started out as xbox community manager, grew to lead the community team, and then transitioned to the marketing team for my last year there. It was a great job, with even better coworkers, but I jumped at the opportunity to work at one of my favorite places.
I’ve been a big fan of Rooster Teeth since college, after being introduced to RvB, but my other favorite shows are Always Open, the RT Podcast, and RWBY.
Besides Hi-Rez, I’ve had about X years of experience working in social and community. I also created a gaming fashion blog in 2012 called Console to Closet - where I created outfits that were inspired by video game characters.
A bit more about me:
- I’m originally from Toronto, Ontario and moved to the US about 4 years ago.
- I’m married to my best friend in the world. He actually introduced me to RvB back in the day!
- I have a 3 year old German Shepherd named Maverick and he’s the best boy.
- I love video games, especially RPGs or anything quirky/weird. (Please send me your underrated recommendations!!)
- I’ve been cosplaying since 2011 - I’ve done Bellona from SMITE, Lara Croft, Aela the Huntress, and more!
Well to end this thing, you can follow me on twitter/instagram at @awildamanda (not gonna lie, it’s mostly tweets/pics of my dog). I can’t say it enough that I’m excited to get know y’all so please don’t be a stranger online!