Forums > The Infamous 535

When are you guys going down?

Posts (22)

• afa1234

afa1234

#32644107 - 4 years ago

Im gonna be there for the whole week probably, so i want to apply for the days least crowded to balance it a bit. So when are you trying to be there?

• Turdy1

Turdy1 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32644108 - 4 years ago

I'm probably going to be there from the 8th to the 12th. I don't have too much money, so five days should be good enough.

• OddLittleDuck

OddLittleDuck FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Community Support

#32644109 - 4 years ago

I'll be there the 1st-5th. Looking at getting a hotel/house to split if anyone is interested ^_^

• mochimaccha

mochimaccha FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Draws Pictures

#32644110 - 4 years ago

1st-4th, got school so sadly can dilly about in austin for too long :P

• axiskae

axiskae FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32644111 - 4 years ago

roosterteeth.com/groups/forum/viewTopic.php?id...

• afa1234

afa1234

#32644112 - 4 years ago

In reply to axiskae, #5:

but is that only for the later options? not nov 2nd and 3rd?

• FlipFlop50

FlipFlop50

#32644113 - 4 years ago

I am leaving Massachusetts super early in the morning on the 8th and leaving some time between the 12th and 15th (Depends on how expensive the hotel or whatever is a night).

• Turdy1

Turdy1 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32644114 - 4 years ago

Who's going down there on the 8th and is willing to share a hotel room? And probably help rent a car. Or something.

• afa1234

afa1234

#32644115 - 4 years ago

In reply to Turdy1, #8:

theres a huge group together going a later date i think they're renting a house an hour or so away from the studio and it looks really really nice. but I'm join the first group or so so i don't think that'll work for me.

anyone else got butterflies?

Post edited 10/15/14 9:36PM

• Turdy1

#32644116 - 4 years ago

In reply to afa1234, #9:

I think I may have missed the boat on the house. I heard it can hold 16 and they already have 15. Plus I've pretty much locked in those dates at his point.

• afa1234

afa1234

#32644117 - 4 years ago

In reply to Turdy1, #10:

theres always the bathtub?
    heh
    you a pilot turdy?

• Turdy1

#32644118 - 4 years ago

In reply to afa1234, #11:

I wish I was. I actually have plans to build my own planes because I'm a nut job like that.
    The bathtub could work, but I don't trust them when I'm asleep.

• afa1234

afa1234

#32644119 - 4 years ago

In reply to Turdy1, #12:

nice, like a kit plane? gonna go for your a&p?

• Turdy1

#32644120 - 4 years ago

In reply to afa1234, #13:

To be honest, I was sick when I came up with the idea, and sick!me had the brilliant idea to do it like it was 1908.
    It was the one time I thing being sick helped me.
    They need to weigh less than 254 pounds empty to meet FAA rules for ultra lights, so the two designs I'm going to try and build are the Fokker Spin and the Santos-Dumont Demoiselle. They both look light enough. I think i'll move to Loving County Texas where I can have a section of land to myself so I fly heavier things with no worries about the FAA.

• afa1234

afa1234

#32644121 - 4 years ago

In reply to Turdy1, #14:

Ah thats awesome, its always cool to see guys into aviation. I can't fly ultra lights where i live usually, weathers a bit rough and unpredictable unless i stay near the highways or something. but if you get a bit of time and your license you should get some sort of STOL airplane, my personal favorite is the super cub.

• Turdy1

#32644122 - 4 years ago

In reply to afa1234, #15:

It's a bit wooded where I am, but I'm willing to risk slamming into a tree at the end of my road if missing the trees means I can fly a plane.
    As for an actual plane once I get my license, I'd rather stick to replicas of older aircraft. They just fly so much differently from newer machines. I've already decided that i need to build a Sikorsky S-16.
    Also, we may have hijacked this thread.

• afa1234

afa1234

#32644123 - 4 years ago

In reply to Turdy1, #16:

maybe a little bit, but its okay since it was my thread. I flew an old ww2 navy fighter trainer when i was doing my commercial training. that was epic, complete with the overhead sliding door. BAD ASS

• Turdy1

#32644124 - 4 years ago

In reply to afa1234, #17:

Oh, fair enough. Don't mind us, everyone, just discussing aviation.
    I've never flown a plane, but i went to the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome in upstate New York a few weeks ago. I rode in a 1929 New Standard D-25 biplane. It definitely made me want to fly old planes more than anything else.

• afa1234

afa1234

#32644125 - 4 years ago

In reply to Turdy1, #18:

nice! theres a number of cargo operations still flying ww2 freighters. one of the places is near me and they fly dc6s, c46s and a couple others while another one flies dc3s. every time they take off everyone stops to watch. they rumble like a harley

• OddLittleDuck

OddLittleDuck FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Community Support

#32644127 - 4 years ago

In reply to Adangda, #20:

I actually just found out a friend is moving to Austin on the 22nd, so I'm going to stay with her. I think Aideyn is heading up getting a group place or something for the people going in that time frame, and I know she was looking for someone to room with. We'll all definitely have to go out together though! I'm looking into getting a car, so maybe we can be carpool buddies ^_^

• FlipFlop50

FlipFlop50

#32644128 - 4 years ago

In reply to FlipFlop50, #7:

UPDATED PLANS!!

I am going to be leaving were i am on the 7th early in the morning (like real early) and once i get there i plan on heading back some time between the 12th or 15th depending on how expensive the hotel or whatever is. So now to the group part. If you are from Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, and possibly New Hampshire then i would love for you to catch a ride. My plan is we would head strait down there and we wouldn't pay for a hotel halfway down there. It would be even better if you had a license and could switch off if needed (not a requirement). We would probably stop a few times for food and bathroom breaks but that's it. I want to make it down there as fast as possible (without breaking the law) so we can spend as much time as possible down there. I plan on taking 2 or 3 people down and back with me. It would also help me with gas money and we would all be able to split the cost of food, hotel, etc. If you are interested please reply to this message, message me through pm (private message), or email me at maxbnndc@gmail.com

• FlipFlop50

FlipFlop50

#32644130 - 4 years ago

In reply to FlipFlop50, #22:

UPDATE TO CARPOOL PLANS!

So i have a group of 4 heading down there which is awesome. But 2 of them are going to be flying back so we are looking for 2 people that want to head back with us.
    -Our Route-Each State has multiple cities near route. We plan on staying near those Cities. We are going to leave early in the morning on the 12th most likely.

-TEXAS----Austin-Waco--Dallas--Texarkana
    -ARKANSAS----Hope--Little Rock--Forrest City
    -TENNESSEE----Jackson--Nashville--Knoxville--Bristol
    -VIRGINIA----Roanoke--Harrisonburg--Winchester
    -PENNSYLVANIA----Harrisburg--Hamburg--Bethlehem
    -CONNECTICUT----New Haven--Hartford--Willington
    -MASSACHUSETTS----Auburn--Boston