Forums > The Infamous 535

November 2nd and 3rd Folks

Posts (36)

• dahngrest

dahngrest FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold manic pixie trash panda

#32651868 - 4 years ago

Since we seem to be the smaller group of people, can we get a discussion about room sharing going?

I'm planning on flying in the 2nd and leaving on the 4th. I noticed a few others were thinking of doing the same so it'd make sense to get a feel for others planning on being there for the first days of shooting.

If anyone is planning on being there the 1st through 4th, it might be smart for them to book rooms and figure out how to swap people in and out depending on who is coming for which nights.

• mochimaccha

mochimaccha FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Draws Pictures

#32651869 - 4 years ago

I've been looking at rooms for the 1st-4th and finding something that doesn't completely drain my bank account without being a horrible place to stay is being quite the challenge for me. I sort of regret not look at hotel rooms before buying my plane ticket and flying out the 2nd and leaving the 5th, but too late now. After looking at hotel prices I'm now much more willing to possibly split the costs at a decent hotel and share a room.

• dahngrest

dahngrest FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold manic pixie trash panda

#32651870 - 4 years ago

I've done the convention circuit quite a few times so I don't mind crashing in a cheap or reasonably priced room, really. Most of the hotels in the area look to be in the $100-$150/night range. A room with 2 beds can easily be shared by 4 people, and that's not including anyone willing to crash on floorspace. So, depending on how many people want to fit in a room, we can probably get a reasonably priced room and split it 4-5 ways.

• DeltaSix

DeltaSix FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Infamous 535

#32651871 - 4 years ago

I'm heading down the 2nd-4th. I'm down for splitting the costs on rooms.

Post edited 10/17/14 4:37PM

• DeltaSix

DeltaSix FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Infamous 535

#32651873 - 4 years ago

In reply to Adangda, #5:

I was planning on coming on the 2nd, but since I havent bought my plane tickets yet and I have an extra day of leave built in for this trip, I can come down on the 1st and help split the cost of that room.

• ohmyhat

ohmyhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32651874 - 4 years ago

In reply to Adangda, #5:

Those are the same days I'm planning on, so I'd be interested.

• mochimaccha

mochimaccha FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Draws Pictures

#32651875 - 4 years ago

In reply to Adangda, #5:

As someone who's been searching around for hotels, which hotel are you referring to?

• mochimaccha

#32651877 - 4 years ago

In reply to Adangda, #9:

See what the others who posted here say, at that price I may just grab a room to myself, that way sharing rides and such can still be an option. I also looked at Rodeway Inn & Suites Downtown North which is about the same price, 9ish minutes from the studio and seems to be the highest quality motel there is in Austin.

• billyz90

billyz90 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32651880 - 4 years ago

In reply to Adangda, #12:

I certainly would be interested! Most likely I'll be landing in Austin the night of the 1st. My flight home would be afternoon on the 4th.
    But yes, that would be perfect for my stay (if you'll let me that is).

• mochimaccha

#32651881 - 4 years ago

Lemme know which hotel you decide on, I'm not too big a fan of rooming with > 2 people from past experiences, but I may crash at the same place hotel.

• MuzakMaker

MuzakMaker FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32651882 - 4 years ago

I plan on flying in on halloween and flying out as early as possible on the third but I am down for sharing a room for any length of time.

• Ecoli13

Ecoli13 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Infamous 535

#32651883 - 4 years ago

I'm currently looking at a motel 6 right down the street from the Austin film studios. It looks to be about $165-170 total for 4 people for checking in on the 2nd and checking out on the 4th. From what I can tell, it is right on a bus route that can take you to downtown, and a short cab ride isn't too bad when split by a group of people.

• AceOXAT

AceOXAT FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32651884 - 4 years ago

My plan at the moment is to fly in on Sat. the 1st and fly out Tues. the 4th. I have no clue about hotels right now. I'm just trying to find one close to the studio to take a bus or carpool so I'd be down to stay at a hotel others are at.

• MuzakMaker

MuzakMaker FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32651885 - 4 years ago

I would be for the 1st-3rd, I would have been willing to stay until the fourth but I have already booked my ticket.

• mochimaccha

#32651886 - 4 years ago

I decided that I just wanted to get where I was staying figured out so I could stop worrying about it, so I ended up just doing one of those hotwire mystery deals. Got a 3 star hotel at $150 a night and it's just a 10 minutes drive from Stage 5.

• axiskae

axiskae FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32651887 - 4 years ago

In reply to loveassassin, #19:

$150/night? I hope you're splitting it

• mochimaccha

#32651888 - 4 years ago

In reply to axiskae, #20:

I may not be. Unfortunately for the night of the 1st there were very limited choices as far as at least half decent places to stay was concerned, so I decided I'd rather spend a bit more a night to both stay at a decent hotel and not have to switch hotels during the 2nd.

• dahngrest

#32651889 - 4 years ago

In reply to Ecoli13, #16:

I'm currently looking at a motel 6 right down the street from the Austin film studios. It looks to be about $165-170 total for 4 people for checking in on the 2nd and checking out on the 4th. From what I can tell, it is right on a bus route that can take you to downtown, and a short cab ride isn't too bad when split by a group of people.

I'm planning on staying for the same nights so I'd be down to split that with you. Is it $165-170 a night or total?

• coyfish13

coyfish13 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32651890 - 4 years ago

I am looking to stay from the 1st to the 4th, is anyone still up for splitting a room at that time?

• DeltaSix

#32651891 - 4 years ago

I too am looking for some people to split a room for the 1st to the 4th

• Ecoli13

Ecoli13 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Infamous 535

#32651892 - 4 years ago

In reply to amixia, #22:

It's $165-$170 total. So about $40 per person. I'm still waiting to hear from a few others, but shoot me a message and we can talk more.

Post edited 10/19/14 2:51PM

• afa1234

afa1234

#32651893 - 4 years ago

i think www.hotels.com/hotel/details.html?children%5...
    thats where I'm gonna stay, it seems close by and reasonable price

• DeltaSix

#32651894 - 4 years ago

edited: good lord hotels are pricey

Post edited 10/19/14 6:06PM

• mochimaccha

#32651895 - 4 years ago

In reply to DeltaSix, #27:

Yes, yes they are. My 3 night stay is costing me a month of rent xD

• crazyj_311

crazyj_311

#32651896 - 4 years ago

I am looking to be in town 1st-4th. Looking for some room sharing. I already have a trip to LA that leaves on the 5th so most of my funds have gone to that. I will be driving to Austin, and will have a car to do some transporting if necessary.