Forums > The Infamous 535

[UK Only] Introductions / Planning

Posts (68)

• SukottoD

SukottoD FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32569218 - 5 years ago

Hi All

How many of you are from the UK?
    Lets have introductions!

I'm Scott (aka DarthCrap) from York, and I am a year out of university working as a programmer.

In the vain of the other planning topic (http://roosterteeth.com/groups/forum/viewTopic.php?id=33914) which seems to be pretty much US-exclusive, how many of you would be interesting in arranging travel/accommodation together?
    If we mass-booked travel from the UK to Texas via whatever stops required, and also arranged hotel sharing, it would probably save a lot of money!
    Who is up for that?

Post edited 7/08/14 4:05AM

• Gemannihilator

Gemannihilator FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32569219 - 5 years ago

Will here, AKA Gemannihilator and also AKA (thanks to not being able to change name) buzzarok45.

I'd be up for hotel sharing, depending on the date(s) I should be able to get free flights for myself :P

Post edited 7/07/14 8:05AM

• dedesec

dedesec

#32569220 - 5 years ago

In reply to buzzarok45, #2:

how will you get free flights? :o

• JMulholland

JMulholland

#32569221 - 5 years ago

Hey, I'm James, I'm currently at Sixth-form.

I have no idea about the hotel sharing or flights, I would have to wait until some dates are announced, but I'm probably able to go!

• Gemannihilator

Gemannihilator FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32569222 - 5 years ago

In reply to dedesec, #3:

My Dad works for BA so we can get free flight every now and then. Just used some for a family holiday in California in fact :D

• Brewsome

Brewsome FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32569224 - 5 years ago

Hi pals.
    My name is Jacob (21), and I'm Welsh. Im in Uni studying Film and I work for Wetherspoons. I have sod all cash so I'll be waiting on dates before I decide what im doing! I'd be willing to share flights and accommodation if I manage to make it though! smiley1.gif

• craigyboy

craigyboy FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32569225 - 5 years ago

Craig here, from London, ditto for me, I need to know dates!!

• craigyboy

craigyboy FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32569226 - 5 years ago

Happy to share a room etc

• deadfastpro

deadfastpro FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32569227 - 4 years ago

So, as im from texas people call me Tex (real name J Jenner), living in lincoln at the moment, graduted Uni BAhons Audio Production. Twitter @DeadFastPro.

• Rorymcclory

Rorymcclory FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32569228 - 4 years ago

Hey all, i'm Ryan from Bath, i'm currently studying Conservation Biology at Plymouth University which is lots of tree hugging and other hippy stuff. I doubt i'll be able to make it to Texas especially as i've got a busy year as I start my work placements in September. If I do manage to make it though i'll definitely be up for sharing flights and accommodation, I just need to know the dates, and @buzzarok45 fancy getting a few extra free flights for us?

• Gemannihilator

#32569229 - 4 years ago

Sorry, it only applies to family members :/

• Ubercoolgeo

Ubercoolgeo

#32569230 - 4 years ago

Hi, Im George from Ashford, Kent :) will go with the flow with anybody who needs roomshare or joint travel costs :)

• deadfastpro

deadfastpro FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32569231 - 4 years ago

I asked about dates and was told it looks like Q4 2014, and should only be for a few days. Was also told that more info will be sent out eventually.

• Gemannihilator

#32569232 - 4 years ago

Production dates should be coming soonish

• JazzyC

JazzyC

#32569233 - 4 years ago

Ok. So I'm JazzyC, from just outside Norwich, Norfolk. I'm up for sharing anything, except food. The food is all mine!
    I doubt it will be beneficial to book flights together but I don't often do this kind of thing. I'm more than happy to split the cost of car hire, hotel etc. I'm 27 and will happily nominate myself to drive.

I have a horrible feeling the dates will be the first two weeks of October, which will mean I am in Florida on a family vacation. Hopefully that won't stop me and I'll just have a small flight from Miami instead.

• deadfastpro

#32569234 - 4 years ago

In reply to JazzyC, #16:

read the whole thing in banes voice. thanks.

• JazzyC

JazzyC

#32569235 - 4 years ago

Haha, you're welcome.

I used to be able to do the voice. I should probably practice some more.

• cyclopsgd

cyclopsgd

#32569236 - 4 years ago

I'm George, i'm from Hereford. i doubt anyones heard of it.

I wish i could go but i probably wouldn't be able to afford the flight there.

• patrickecho

patrickecho

#32569237 - 4 years ago

Hey, I'm Patrick from Northampton, and I'm also disappointingly probably not going to get the chance to go. Sad face.

• JazzyC

JazzyC

#32569238 - 4 years ago

That's too bad if that is the case.

If you end up not being able to attend, I'm more than happy to bring your swag back with me and send it to you on my return.

That is based on the assumption I can go. But I'm sure someone else would step up to the plate if needed.

• marklaird97

marklaird97 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32569239 - 4 years ago

Hi guys I'm Mark from the Lake District. I might be able to flight/hotel share, it all depends on the dates really.

• marklaird97

marklaird97 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32569240 - 4 years ago

In reply to JazzyC, #21:

I was just about to ask if anyone from this thread would be able to pick up the goodies for anyone who cant make it.

• patrickecho

patrickecho

#32569241 - 4 years ago

In reply to JazzyC, #21:

That's a badass offer, and I already love you for it. As you might have seen in the 8/19 Email thread, there's a plan to this effect just starting out, though nothing's being finalised until we know the dates so we can appoint people to do that kind of thing. Stay tuned, as they say.

• Gemannihilator

#32569242 - 4 years ago

I'm almost definitely going, so I'd be happy to pick up the swag

• JazzyC

JazzyC

#32569243 - 4 years ago

Only thing we probably have to bear in mind, an anyone else who is flying, is luggage limits.

Obviously a lot of factors will come into play, how much stuff I need to pack for myself, then weight of the swag, and the limit of the flight you are on. But, I would be surprised if I can't take several extra.