Forums > The Infamous 535

Star Citizen Tour for the 535 (READ!!!!)

Posts (15)

• Arisyth

Arisyth FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32657812 - 4 years ago

Star Citizen Tour for the 535

Please read and complete as soon as you can!!

Hello Fellow 535 (Nov 9-11 group),

I have been working on securing a possible studio tour of the Austin Cloud Imperium Games studio who is making Star Citizen. I am happy to announce that I am in final planning stages for a tour either Monday or Tuesday, Wednesday morning as a last resort. Still need to work out the details.

I need to know the following if you are interested in participating:

A) Are you interested in a tour of the Star Citizen Austin studio?
    B) Are you a current backer of Star Citizen?
    C) Would you become a backer if it means being able to take a tour of their offices?
    D) Would you be willing to donate to charity to take the tour?

I am trying to get the tour for Tuesday sometime between 11:30-3. With a second choice of Monday 12:00-2:00. Waiting to hear back on the official date/time. The office is about 45 minutes away from the RT studios, so we will have to help each other get there.

We can get one of those Google doc forms setup, but in the meantime please reply and answer the questions even if you do not want to go so I can give Star Citizen information on possible attendance numbers.

• axiskae

axiskae FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32657813 - 4 years ago

In reply to Arisyth, #1:

A) Never heard of it
    B) Nope
    C) Unlikely
    D) Maybe; would need more information

• mochimaccha

mochimaccha FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Draws Pictures

#32657814 - 4 years ago

Interested but in the Nov. 3rd group sadly T_T

• werm098

werm098

#32657815 - 4 years ago

Nov. 3rd group too? I would love to go and see their studio!

• pr0udy

pr0udy FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32657816 - 4 years ago

In reply to Arisyth, #1:

A) Not really
    B) No
    C) Nah
    D) By "charity" do you mean "The Get Gus Another Ship In Star Citizen Fund"? (but really no)

• imJoshAdams

imJoshAdams FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Infamous 535

#32657817 - 4 years ago

Wow..I don't know much about them, but I'd be interested.

A) Yeah
    B) No
    C) If I like what i see of the game, maybe.
    D) Probably not, unless we're only talking like $5-$10. I'm cheap and have a lot of other things I'm spending money on.

• Arisyth

Arisyth FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32657818 - 4 years ago

Hi all,

Star Citizen is the crowd funded space sim currently in development for the PC that has raised over $59 million so far and growing every day. One of their development studios is in Austin. It combines elements of single player and persistent universe (think MMO) game modes. Build off the CryEngine you can own space ships, dog fight, trade, explore, race, board enemy ships, salvage, make ships and weapons with a dynamic economy, own organizations (guilds), land on over 150 planets including space stations. There is also a large FPS components they are including in the game. The ships in the game can all be owned and players all the way from single player fighters, multi player cargo, bomber, and assault ships of 4-5 players, all the way up to cruisers, corvettes, and battleships of 15-30 players. Some of the latest technologies are being used to create the game.

The game is being released in modules. For those that have backed the game you can play very early versions of the different game modules. Early Versions of the space hangar and dogfighting module have already been released with patches occurring on often. More modules wil be released in 2015.

A few links to Star Citizen related info:
    Main site - robertsspaceindustries.com/

Communication from the developers - robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link

Information about the game (this is original campaign info back from Oct 2012) - robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game

Early demo landing on a planet - robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14210-...

Ship video - robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13329-...

Ship hangars - robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14084-...

Very early FPS demo from Pax Australia Yesterday - robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14269-...

List of ships planed so far - robertsspaceindustries.com/ship-specs

You can pledge for the game, starting at $45 which includes access to the early builds of the game modules and the full game when it is released. You can pledge more to get a better ship and you can also buy individual ships, but all the ships will be avail to buy with ingame credits by playing the game. They just sell ships to raise money to make the game.
    Starter ship: robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Arena-Command...

_______

I asked the questions about current backer, willing to donate to a charity, etc only to see everyones comfort level with the idea. Still working out specifics with the Star Citizen team but they are looking for an approximate count of who is interested. Just want to have enough info when finalizing details/requirements with the Star Citizen staff.

And many apologies to the Nov 2-3 group. I only had the idea a few days ago and it has taken several days to even get this far. Still working out details for the Nov 9-11 group. There just wasn't time to get anything in place for Nov 2-3 group.

Thanks for reading, please post if you are interested.
    And respond to the questions.

• DrMonocle

DrMonocle FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32657819 - 4 years ago

A) Yes
    B) No
    C) No
    D) Depends

• Arisyth

#32657820 - 4 years ago

Hello 535,

I heard back from the staff at Star Citizen and have some news:
    A) The tour will be Tuesday Nov 11 at 2 PM.

B) If you are a Star Citizen backer, you can bring a guest. If you are not a backer find another 535 who is and you can go.

C) There is no charity requirement.

If you want to become a backer best option is to get a game package, the cheapest options are below:
    They all include the full game when the game is released, a basic ship, and some other things.

No beta access $30:
    robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Aurora-MR

With beta access $40:
    robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Aurora-MR-Plu...

With beta access, and arena commander access (current available dog fighting module) $45:
    robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Arena-Command...

If you are interested in attending, please reply to the post as soon as you can. I am very excited to see a working game studio in action. This game is creatd by Chris Roberts creator of games such as the Wing Commander series, Privateer, Freelancer, Strike Commander, and Star Lancer. Chris has also producted several hollywood movies.

I need to get a headcount to the team.

Let me know if you have any questons, thanks.

I am concerned others in the 535 may not be aware of this.
    Feel free to let others know if you can get a hold of them.

• Arisyth

#32657821 - 4 years ago

Last call if you are or want to become a Star Citizen backer to go on a tour of there studio on Tuesday the 11th. If I do not get any responses by later today then the tour is at risk of not happening at all.

and for those that are not backers but still interested in the tour still please reply to this post, in case you can buddy up with someone that is a backer or if the requirements for the tour change. Just hoping there are not people out there that want to go but have not spoken up.

• waylain

waylain

#32657822 - 4 years ago

I am a backer and I want in!

• Arisyth

#32657823 - 4 years ago

Excellent. I will be sending them numbers tomorrow morning. Will provide more details soon. Are you bringing a guest with you?

• waylain

waylain

#32657824 - 4 years ago

Yes

• Arisyth

#32657825 - 4 years ago

In reply to waylain, #13:

The Star Citizen tour is a go. Tuesday the 11th at 2:00. It's in Bee Cave, TX. They said plan on a 45-60 min drive I think they included if possible traffic. I will email you the address though RT email soon.

If there are any other Star Citizen backers out there let me know as soon as you can and at the latest by Monday.

• Arisyth

#32657826 - 4 years ago

In reply to waylain, #13:

K I emailed Star Citizen to try and get the tour moved earlier than 2:00. Will let you know what they say.

For anyone else that was not looking at forums before, if you are a backer of Star Citizen you and a guest can join me for a tour of their Austin office on Tuesday 11-nov. It's at 2:00 right now but we are trying to move it earlier due to the Tuesday shoot call time. Let me know by Monday afternoon if you want to go. But asap is better.