Forums > The Infamous 535

Let's plan some shit

Posts (31)

• wooEcks

wooEcks

#32658143 - 4 years ago

So everyone feels safer with a plan right? Let's see if people are arriving at similar times and staying at similar hotels. Let's set up a lunch meet for before the tour/shoot that way we can easily carpool and not have to worry about crazy cab fair....obviously gas money would still be supplied. I'm honestly most interested in gathering together for lunch, I'd love to meet with everyone and get to know y'all in what little time we'll have. What I'd like everyone to do is, post their arrival date, arrival time (if you'd like a ride from the airport) and the shoot day for lunch meet.

Since I haven't received an email for my shoot day confirmation I'm going to assume it will be my first choice, which was the 10th so, if anyone knows a good lunch spot we can meet up at around 4 PM to give us plenty of time to socialize before the tour, from there we can work out carpools to the studio and shoot.

Lastly if anyone would like to post what hotel they are staying at to see if you've got a fellow 535 in the same one, that's your choice and it may help with carpool.

• danielderiso

danielderiso FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32658144 - 4 years ago

I'm filming the 9th, but I'm gonna take my tour on the 10th and probs come to filming for a bit. I'm down to meet up, and I'll have a car.

• TylerDaniels

TylerDaniels LNL Podcast

#32658145 - 4 years ago

I'm flying into Austin on the 8th around 4:00. Filming the 9th then leaving the 10th around 2. I'm totally up for hitting the town Saturday night/Sunday morning and afternoon! I'm staying in the Hotel Orangewood Suites & Inn if on the off chance anyone happens to be staying there as well. I'll have a car as well (and potentially a spot or two open for car pooling if anyone needs a ride to the filming on the 9th or hanging out with peeps the 8th).

• Arisyth

Arisyth FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32658146 - 4 years ago

Arrival Sat 8-Nov 1:30 PM
    Staying at Holiday Inn up north
    Leaving Wed 12-Nov 4:30 PM

I did some internet research on what to do this is my tentative plan so far:

Sat:
    Noble Sandwich Co.
    Alamo Drafthouse: Lakeline (Interstellar in 35mm 6:40PM) Tickets going fast.

Sun:
    Chez Zee (pancakes and waffles)
    In-N-Out Burger
    RT/Lazer Team

Mon:
    Segway tour of downtown Austin
    Home Slice Pizza
    RT/Lazer Team

Tues:
    Breakfast (TBD)
    Star Citizen Gaming Studio Tour Check it out: roosterteeth.com/groups/forum/viewTopic.php?id...
    Stubbs Barbeque
    RT/Lazer Team (time permitting)

Wed:
    (TBD)

I also plan on going to:
    Amy’s Ice Cream (often)
    Franklin Barbeque (if time)

Sorry I make an art form out of planning.
    I can add addresses since alot of these places have multiple locations. Let me know if any of these ideas sound good.

• danielderiso

danielderiso FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32658147 - 4 years ago

In reply to Arisyth, #4:
    Just bought 2 tickets to Interstellar. One for me, and one for someone else who'd like to join.

• wooEcks

wooEcks

#32658148 - 4 years ago

In reply to Arisyth, #4:

Hey since Monday is presumably my shoot day and I'd love to try out Home Slice, if I can get a ride there, would you be willing to carpool to the tour/shoot? I'd love to get more people in on this as well! What time/location would you be planning on going to?
    Apparently my mom has a groupon for the segway tour on that day as well aha so we'd likely be able to join you for the whole day if possible!

Post edited 11/04/14 10:23AM

• wooEcks

wooEcks

#32658149 - 4 years ago

In reply to JTD2013, #3:

I believe my mom and I are taking a ghost tour on Saturday night, you're more than welcome to book a spot as well and hang out.

www.austinghosttours.com/

• Arisyth

Arisyth FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32658150 - 4 years ago

I think there are only 2 Home Slice's and they are next to each other 1415 south congress.

I will likely be taking a morning Segway tour. I'm looking to see the Austin capitol area. I would prob go to home slice from there since they after since they are nearby. All this depends on specific Lazer Team times. So I have not booked anything yet.

• Arisyth

#32658151 - 4 years ago

I have movie plans Saturday night.I have movie plans Saturday night.

Edit: Sorry you were not talking to me.

Post edited 11/04/14 11:57AM

• wooEcks

wooEcks

#32658152 - 4 years ago

In reply to Arisyth, #8:

Yeah that sounds like a pretty solid day planned out. We are entirely new to the area so, buddying up with someone for a day would be quite nice. I might also have a fellow member willing to grab lunch at Home Slice that day so, we could potentially gather a small group.

• OddLittleDuck

OddLittleDuck FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Community Support

#32658153 - 4 years ago

Just a heads up, our check in time this past week (for the first weekend) was 2pm. It could be different for ya'll but they don't know until the previous night wraps.

• Arisyth

#32658154 - 4 years ago

In reply to stina, #11:

Thanks. Yea I was reading about that. Has frozen a lot of planning.

• wooEcks

wooEcks

#32658155 - 4 years ago

In reply to stina, #11:

Does that mean we have to check into the studio at that time?

• OddLittleDuck

OddLittleDuck FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Community Support

#32658156 - 4 years ago

In reply to wooEcks, #13:

Wherever your filming will take place. I don't know where it will be, but ours was not filmed at the studio. Chelsea emailed the Sunday group on Friday letting us know our check in time. Then we were emailed at 10am Monday morning letting us know when/where to check in for Monday filming.

• wooEcks

wooEcks

#32658157 - 4 years ago

In reply to stina, #14:
    So even though the filming is said to start at 6 PM we need to check in at 2? Do we need to hang around the set until filming starts?

Thanks for the info btw I would've been totally caught off guard here.

Post edited 11/04/14 9:11PM

• Noodle99

Noodle99

#32658158 - 4 years ago

In reply to danielderiso, #2:

I'm arriving later in the afternoon on the 9th, so will be doing the tour / filming on the 10th too. I'm coming from England, so will be relying on cabs otherwise, but if we could coincide our plans that'd be cool. I could buy you lunch or something. I'm going to be staying at the Residence Inn on 4th Street.

• wooEcks

wooEcks

#32658159 - 4 years ago

In reply to Noodle99, #16: danielderiso

If the three of us could meet up for lunch and catch a ride to the studio then the filming location that'd be perfect! Lunch/gas would be on us obviously :)

• axiskae

axiskae FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32658160 - 4 years ago

In reply to wooEcks, #15:

You will get an email from Chelsea with the specific information for the day you are shooting on the day before-hand, and then check-in information the day of

All times are subject to change as the fiming schedule changes

• wooEcks

wooEcks

#32658161 - 4 years ago

In reply to axiskae, #18:

Thank you very much.

• danielderiso

#32658162 - 4 years ago

In reply to wooEcks, #17:

Sounds like a plan.

• afa1234

afa1234

#32658163 - 4 years ago

You guys should try not to rely on taxis too much, not only do they take forever going to manor, it's expensive.

• wooEcks

wooEcks

#32658164 - 4 years ago

In reply to afa1234, #21:

That's the main reason I'm trying to find someone with a car, it'd be cheaper and on top of that, we'd get to hang out.

• Arisyth

#32658165 - 4 years ago

In reply to wooEcks, #22:

If the Monday shoot schedule proves an issue for the Segway tour then I might just go on Wednesday morning before I leave Austin, TBD. Will keep you apprised.

• wooEcks

wooEcks

#32658166 - 4 years ago

In reply to Arisyth, #23:

Looks like I'm actually going on the segway tour on Sunday but, the lunch plans are still likely going to happen on Monday some time before the tour. You are welcome to meet up for that. Restaurant/time are still TBD

• Noodle99

Noodle99

#32658167 - 4 years ago

Yeah, I guess it depends on what Chelsea has to say about when we need to be there.