Forums > The Infamous 535

Poster clarification

Posts (13)

• ASUdesigner

ASUdesigner

#32692284 - 4 years ago

Thank you everyone who responded to the email I sent out. I have over 200 people for the poster. A couple clarification things.

1. I apologize I used that method to reach everyone. I will not be sending any more emails.
    2. The information I originally gathered has been deleted. Only the people who responded to the latest survey will be included.
    3. You no longer need to respond to opt out, just ignore the email.

Thanks again, I think it will look pretty great when it is complete. Here is the form link if you missed it.

goo.gl/forms/U92r1JdqzS

ASUdesigner

Post edited 11/16/14 12:36PM

• afa1234

afa1234

#32692285 - 4 years ago

we didn't do the red and blue thing in the first group

• ASUdesigner

ASUdesigner

#32692286 - 4 years ago

In reply to afa1234, #2:

No problem, you can pick your favorite or leave it blank.

• ASUdesigner

ASUdesigner

#32692287 - 4 years ago

Hey everyone! The responses stopped coming in so I took a stab at a poster idea this afternoon. 270 people total submitted their name. All the credit for this idea goes to srpproud. It is a work in progress but I wanted some opinions. The laser team wording will not be on the final print.

ASUdesigner54729af715025.jpg

• jurassic_jake

jurassic_jake FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32692288 - 4 years ago

My initial thought is that, in this format, the names are very small. This means that if you want to see the names you have to be very close to the poster or it has to be really big. I know you said that responses were slowing, but you only have around half the names. Theoretically, the number of names on the poster has the potential to almost double, meaning the names would be half the size they are now. Also, it feels a little generic. When I say that, I mean that aside from saying 'Lazer Team' which you said wouldn't be on the final version, it doesn't really make me think of the movie. The same could be said for the 535 logo. Did you consider using the logo that ended up on the shirts?
    Anyway, those are my thoughts on the current version. I'm not really sure what to suggest in regards to my comments; I am not an artist and posses next to no artistic talent, so I commend you for undertaking this project purely out of your own choosing. I think that it is awesome that you are doing this and I hope that you find my comments helpful in some way. I look forward to watching the evolution of the poster!

• ASUdesigner

ASUdesigner

#32692289 - 4 years ago

In reply to JakeSmith12, #5:

Thanks for the comments! I don't think the other half of the 535 will submit a name. Maybe a couple more here and there. The poster size is 36 x 24 with a font size of 24. Should be big enough to read at 5'. As far as the generic feel, I have been instructed that trying to make it a Lazer Team poster would mean we couldn't print physical copies of it. I'm open to suggestions. I didn't use the logo from the shirts as I could not get in touch with catmelon for permission. The banner under 535 does resemble the banner on the shirt though.

• jurassic_jake

jurassic_jake FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32692290 - 4 years ago

In reply to ASUdesigner, #6:

I realize that it can't be a Lazer Team poster, but could it be a 535 poster with a Lazer Team vibe?

• axiskae

axiskae FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32692291 - 4 years ago

In reply to ASUdesigner, #6:

The Infamous 535 logo designed by catmelon has been given free use to any 535 member or RT staff member for use (i.e. as long as it is only provided/sold to RT or a member of the 535, it is allowed to be used as not-for-profit or personal use)

• axiskae

axiskae FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32692292 - 4 years ago

In reply to ASUdesigner, #4:

It is a good idea for a design, very different from the original, though it may require refinement (I can't really suggest anything)

For the people who didn't pick a color, did you randomly assign them? Or is there a separate area for those who didn't side with Red/Blue specifically?

• ASUdesigner

ASUdesigner

#32692293 - 4 years ago

In reply to axiskae, #9:

The 7 people who didn't pick a color are in white on the collar.

• axiskae

#32692294 - 4 years ago

In reply to ASUdesigner, #10:

Alright, didn't see that, just wanted to check.

• ASUdesigner

ASUdesigner

#32692295 - 4 years ago

In reply to axiskae, #11:

It is funny, more people chose blue but the average length of a red name makes their list look longer.

• ASUdesigner

ASUdesigner

#32692296 - 4 years ago

I think the list is complete as I have not had an entry in 5 days. I'm still playing with the varsity jacket idea. In the meantime I made a quick mock up of what I think is the most simple approach.

ASUdesigner54838b6d07f1d.jpg